Bonjour my friends,
Red Carpet, here I come! Carol from A French American Life (One of my favorite blogs out there), nominated me for a Liebster Award. I also want to thank a few other bloggers that previously nominated me for awards: La Petite Gourmande Anglaise, Running Sunflower and Monsieur Maman. I never got around to write a post about it so I apologize about that. You should definitely go check their blogs out, they are really awesome!
The Liebster award is a way for newish bloggers to get recognized by fellow bloggers. It is meant to help spread the word about our favorite blogs out there in the blogosphere.
As part of the Liebster award, I must do the following:
- Post the award on my blog
- Thank the blogger presenting me with the award and provide a link back to their blog
- Write 11 random facts about myself
- Pay it forward: find 11 other blogs with less than 200 followers that I enjoy reading and nominate them.
- Answer the 11 questions the award presenter asked me, and ask my nominees 11 questions
11 random facts about myself:
- I’m a lefty. But I cut (with scissors) and play ball like a righty. Yes, I’m that good J
- I have lived in 4 different countries so far: France, Canada, Austria and U.S (visited many more)
- I love “saucisson sec”
- I took my first steps in Italy
- I got married twice, to the same man. Once in Vegas, and once in a Castle on the French country side. Now you can all be jealous J
- When I was 10, I was waitressing at the “Festival de l’escargots” in my village. I got 5 Francs in tip
- One of my summer jobs was to pick up tobacco in Switzerland. Those leafs are sticky!
- I have an American “host family” and I’m still super close to them
- I learned to speak English when I was 16
- I’m really good at linking songs to movies. My brain is weird like that
- I have 2 sisters, one is 15 years younger than me
And the nominees are… (yes, some of those blogs probably have more than 200 followers, but they are worth mentioning anyway)
- Around The World In 365 Cheeses…
- An Inspired Cook
- A Day In The Life
- Cooking In Sens
- Food, Frankly
- Gourmet Beauty
- Lattes And Leggings
- Lucy in the Larder
- Omfg. So Good
- Unwind Cooking
- 24/7 in FRANCE
Answers to Carol’s questions:
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? I would say Montreal. I use to live there and despite the cold, it’s still my favorite city. It has all the amenities of a big city and lots of small “homey” neighborhoods to live in.
- What is the best book you’ve read recently? I’m currently reading “Lean in”. I think it’s an interested perceptive on women in the work place and a great book to talk about with friends.
- What is the nicest thing a random stranger has ever done for you? That’s a hard one. I remember when I was about 8 years old, my family and I went to a bingo party. An older gentleman sitting next to me gave me one of his cards (pretending that he has too many). I ended up winning a TV! He said that we could share, he would take the remote and I could keep the TV.
- Your life will be made into a movie. Who do you want to play you? Gosh, I would have to say Julia Roberts still one of my favorite. But Sophie Marceau might be a better fit!
- What was your favorite childhood toy? That’s easy, a KiKi!
- What is your guilty pleasure? I have many, most of them food related. Biggest one: Dions Pizza (People from New Mexico will know what I’m talking about)
- Sweet or savory? For sure Savory.
- If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go? Well, I want my next trip to be to Montreal. I haven’t been there in 4 years and I miss it. Plus I really want to visit my friends and introduce my husband to this awesome town. Morocco is also on my list.
- How many and which languages do you speak? Bilingual French/English. I know a little German, might be able to ask for direction if I’m lost, but don’t hold your breath on that one.
- What was your favorite subject in school? Least favorite? I would say my favorite was Physics, always liked doing little experiments. Least favorite might have been Math (last few years of high school). Not that I don’t like Math, I like the logic, but it was really difficult.
- If you could have any job other than your current one, what would you do? That’s the million dollar question. I asked myself that question fairly often. I don’t really have an answer but I wouldn’t mind being a CEO!
Your turn now:
- If you could time travel, where would you go?
- What is your favorite movie?
- What is your favorite book?
- What’s your all-time favorite food?
- Crepes with jam or nutella?
- What sports did you play when you were a kid?
- If you could live in a TV show, which one would it be?
- What is your favorite vacation spot?
- What is your favorite cheese?
- Name of your first pet?
- Give an example of a time when you went wild?
Thanks so much! I am blushing int he desert heat over here!
Thanks for your great blog. You can’t never go wrong with Cheese!
Thanks for showing Dion’s some love. The next time you’re in New Mexico please let us know. We’d love to buy you lunch.
I have called New Mexico home for 3 years now. When I arrived at the airport, my husband welcomed me with flowers and… a Dion’s Pizza! Very romantic 🙂
I can definitely call myself a Dion’s regular. But I’ll take a free lunch any day 😉
Thank you Lucie!!!!!! I’m a lefty too 🙂